CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - Charleston County Government's Contracts and Procurement Department announces a free seminar for small business owners on the topic of disaster preparedness.
It will be held from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. on August 19 in the County's Lonnie Hamilton, III Public Services Building located at 4045 Bridge View Drive in North Charleston, on the 2nd floor in Room A214.
You can register for the workshop by clicking HERE.
Those attending the workshop will have the opportunity to learn about:
• How businesses can prepare for natural disasters and plan for recovery after the disaster.
• How to develop a plan to protect employees and operations.
• How to start developing a Business Continuity Plan to protect your organization's most important assets.
• Protecting your employees and ensuring your ability to continue serving your customers in the face of a large disaster or small disruption?
• The impact of disasters on business insurance.
• How firms can mitigate the impact of changes and plan for future development.
• How Business Continuity Planning can result in savings to your insurance costs.
Charleston County also offers a free mobile app to help you stay ahead of any disaster. It can be accessed here: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/hurricane.php#hpg.