CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC/AP) - Authorities across the Lowcountry continue to report widespread road and bridge closures. On Wednesday, the SCDOT reported a total of 105 closures statewide, a number that includes 73 roads and 32 bridges.
Click here for more information from the SCDOT about statewide closures and resources involved in restoring roads that were damaged.
Georgetown County, SCDOT reports the following road closures:
- Old Pee Road from Hicks Drive to Carvers Bay Road - Closed because of a road washout - Projected to reopen after Nov. 26
- Plantersville Road from Jackson Village Road to Exodus Drive - Closed because of road washout - Projected to reopen by Saturday
Orangeburg County roads, according to SCDOT
- Sandspoint Road from SC-6 to S-137 - Projected to open by Nov. 26
- Cleveland Street from the state park to S-563 - Because of a partial or full collapse of bridge - Projected to reopen after Nov. 26
Williamsburg County, SCDOT reports the following roads are closed:
- Battery Park Road from Hemingway Highway to Friendship Church Road - Partial or full collapse of bridge - Projected to reopen after Nov. 26
- Cade Road from Bradley Bay Road to Bartells Road - Damage to any portion of bridge (deck, rail, median barrier, column, beam, pier, etc.) - Projected to reopen after Nov. 26
- Old Georgetown Road from Midway Road (S-45-84) to Bartells Road (S-45-118) - Closed due to road washout - Projected to reopen after Nov. 26