CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - The American Red Cross is working with emergency management officials and partner agencies to support and operate shelters.
The following shelters are available for people who have been displaced by floodwaters.
- Al Cannon Detention Center Work Camp Facility, 3841 Leeds Ave. in Charleston
- Creekside Lands Inn, 2545 Savannah Highway in West Ashley (843)-763-8885
- United Methodist Church, 1125 E. Montague Ave. in North Charleston
- Summerville High School, 1101 Boonehill Rd. in Summerville
- Scott's Branch High School, 9253 Alex Harvin Hwy. in Summerton
Residents near West Ashley can also head to Grace on the Ashley Baptist Church on Bees Ferry Road.
In Georgetown, those displaced by flooding are invited to stay at the J.B. Buck Education Center on 2030 Church St.
The Red Cross encourages anyone coming to a shelter to bring the following items for each member of their family: prescription and emergency medications, extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies, important documents and other comfort items. It's also important not to forget special items for children, such as diapers, formula and toys, and other items for family members who have unique needs.
Anyone affected by this weekend's storms and needing assistance is encouraged to reach out to the Red Cross by calling (843) 764-2323.