CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The deadline for Tri-County families to sign up for Salvation Army Angel Tree program is Friday.
Sign-ups have been underway since Oct. 5 at the Salvation Army located at 2135 Ashley River Road.
Volunteers will accept applications from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. through the end of the week.
Applicants need to bring the following:
- A picture I-D
- Birth certificates for any child 12 and under or a medical card that has their birthdate
- Clothing and shoe sizes for children 0-12 years
- Your October Food Stamp award letter, which must have proof of dollar amount
- If you have a job, you need to bring proof of income
- If you do not receive EBT, you must bring proof of all household income and proof of all major expenses
Residents in Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester Counties may apply at The Salvation Army's Ashley River Road location. Residents in Dorchester or Berkeley Counties who would like to apply at their county's office must call for an appointment. The Dorchester County office can be reached at (843) 851-2367 and the Berkeley County office can be reached at (843) 761-8626.