MT. PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - Voters in Mt. Pleasant Tuesday will be asked if they are willing to pay more in taxes for park and recreation amenities.
A question on the election ballot asks for the 5-mill tax increase to pay for the cost of several projects.
The projects are as follows:
Improvements or acquisition of open space for the benefit of the public;
- Construction of recreation amenities to include trails and passive park space at the Mt. Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park;
- Construction of recreation amenities, to include athletic fields at the Carolina Park Recreation Complex;
- Construction of recreation amenities to include athletic fields and trails at the town owned recreation property off at Rifle Range Road;
- Construction or lease of building space for an additional senior center;
- Construction or lease of building space for a community arts center.