GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC) - One firefighter was hospitalized after battling a fire at a Goose Creek town home Friday.
The fire was reported at 11:06 a.m. at a home in the 100 block of Pineshadow Drive, according to Goose Creek Rural Fire Chief Bob Maibach.
MOBILE USERS: Click here for additional photos.
The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen of the home then moved toward the back of the house and spread through space between the first and second floors, he said.
The second floor was almost completely compromised, Maibach said, and the unit suffered significant fire, heat and water damage.
A firefighter from the Hanahan Fire Department was transported to hospital for heat-related exhaustion, he said.
No one was home at the time of the fire and the blaze appeared to have been accidental, Maibach said.
The City of Goose Creek and Sangaree Fire Departments also responded.