CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a Flash Flood Watch until 7 p.m. Monday.
Heavy rain along with the potential for coastal flooding may make driving hazardous. Motorists are advised to exercise caution and check the weather before traveling.
Monday morning's high tide was at 6:07 a.m.
The City of Charleston is allowing residents who have any concerns about their neighborhood streets flooding, potentially damaging cars parked on the street to park free in the city owned Visitor Center and Aquarium parking garages only.
Residents can pull a parking card upon entering those garages. Upon leaving, the resident can submit the card and tell the attendant that they were in for high tides and rain in their residential area.
Cars must be out by 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
The Charleston Police Department has reported the following road closures:
- Cherry from Bee to Cannon
- Ashley from Bennett to Calhoun
- Wentworth at Barre
- Ashley from Tradd to Broad
- America Street from Lee to Cooper
- Bennett Street from Rutledge to Ashley
- Johnathan Lucas Street from Doughty Street to Sabin Street
- William Ackerman Lane at Windermere Boulevard
- Signal Point Road at Folly Road
- Cool Blow Street at N Nassau Street
- Ashley Avenue at Fishburne Street
- Bennett Street at Gadsden Street
The department is keeping a map of road closures here: http://gis.charleston-sc.gov/road-closures/.
The list will be updated as official word of road closures comes into our newsroom.