COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say a 62-year-old man from Hopkins has died in an accidental fire.
The Richland County Fire Marshal's office said in a news release that combustible material too close to a heating device sparked the fire on Friday night, according to the The State newspaper (http://goo.gl/LFJPMU ).
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts said in a news release that the man who died was George Lincoln Johnson.
Watts said he died at the scene of asphyxiation from smoke inhalation because of the fire.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.