Quantcast

Emergency crews extinguish fire at N. Charleston home - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Emergency crews extinguish fire at N. Charleston home

NORTH CHARLESTON (WCSC) -

Emergency crews have extinguished a fire at a North Charleston home Friday morning. 

Dispatchers say the call came is at 10:19am for a fire at a home in the 2300 block of Meridian Road. That's off Azalea Drive near Cosgrove Avenue.

Officials say the fire was caused by a pot on the stove, and the fire was limited to the kitchen. 

"One resident was home at the time of the fire and awoke to neighbors trying to get into the home," NCFD officials said. "The resident was assessed by Charleston County EMS and released."

The family of five has been displaced and is being assisted by the Red Cross. 

According to NCFD officials, the home did not have working smoke alarms. 

NCFD officials are reminding everyone to test their smoke alarms as well as to organize an escape plan. 

No injuries were reported. 

Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly