Quantcast

NCFD: 'Abundance of lint' in dryer caused mobile home fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

NCFD: 'Abundance of lint' in dryer caused mobile home fire

Photo Source: AP Photo Source: AP
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) -

NCFD officials say an abundance of lint in a dryer vent caused a fire at a mobile home on Dorchester Road. 

Emergency crews responded just after 2:15 p.m to a home on Dorchester Road at the Arbor Shores Mobile Home Park for reports of a structure fire. 

When fire crews arrived they found smoke coming from a double wide mobile home. 

Firefighters reported finding the fire under the trailer, and quickly extinguished it. 

According to authorities, six residents were displaced by the fire and are being assisted by the Red Cross. 

"The fire was caused by an abundance of lint in the dryer vent," NCFD officials said in a statement."Residents are reminded to clean out the dryer lint trap each time the clothes dryer is used and to move the dryer to clean the attached vent about every six month."

Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly