BLUFFTON, SC (WCSC) - Two people have been arrested after Bluffton authorities executed a search warrant Thursday evening.
The Bluffton Police Department's Strategic Response Team and Special Investigations Unit recovered a large amount of narcotics after conducting a search warrant at 280 Buck Island Road on Thursday, February 11.
36 year old Leroy Brown and 47 year old Lori Smalls were arrested after officers found cocaine, crack cocaine, Oxycodone, Buprenorphine, Xanax, a firearm and ammunition in their possession.
The Bluffton Police Department put its Strategic Response Team to work last year and the Special Investigations Unit this year.
The SRT is used for situations that need tactical equipment and training usually unavailable to routine patrol operations. The Special Investigations Unit was formed to focus on drug and gang activity.
"These specialized teams will allow us to better answer the needs of the Bluffton community in keeping them safe and secure. The SRT and SIU will also enable us to investigate and respond to drug activity much faster than in years past," said Bluffton Police Chief Joey Reynolds.
Brown and Smalls are both charged with:
- PWITD (possession with intent to distribute) Cocaine
- PWITD Cocaine within ½ mile of a School
- PWITD Crack Cocaine
- PWITD Crack Cocaine within ½ mile of a School
- PWITD of a Schedule II Controlled Substance (Oxycodone)
- PWITD of a Schedule II Controlled Substance with ½ mile of a School
- Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance (Buprenorphine)
- Possession of a Schedule IV Controlled Substance (Xanax)