North Charleston Police are investigating threats made via phone to Fort Dorchester High School Wednesday morning.
The school spent approximately 90 minutes in "a precautionary lockdown" after the school "received several telephone threats," Dorchester County School District 2 spokesperson Pat Raynor said.
North Charleston Police spokesman Spencer Pryor confirmed officers are investigating the threats.
The school's principal sent out a phone message to parents about the situation, Raynor said.
Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved.
The state attorney general's office says no charges will be filed against the Charleston County deputy who shot a home invasion victim he mistook for a burglar in 2015.
A 911 call reveals that the man who police say shot a 15-year-old talked to dispatchers about what led up to the shooting.
An unusual snow storm caused Lowcountry students to miss several days of school earlier this month.
A South Carolina Education Lottery commission met Tuesday morning on a glitch involving the Holiday Cash game but did not make a decision on how to handle the problem.
Charleston Police are searching for a man caught on camera using credit and debit cards from a stolen wallet.