Quantcast

Bond denied for Orangeburg man accused in shooting - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Bond denied for Orangeburg man accused in shooting

Source: OCSO Source: OCSO
ORANGEBURG COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -

Bond was denied for a 24-year-old man accused in a shooting in Orangeburg last week. 

Jacoby Livingston was in court on Thursday after he was served with a warrant for attempted murder.

"Orangeburg County Sheriff’s Office Victim’s Advocate Alexis Guinyard asked the court to deny bond due to the nature of the crime and the fear it instilled in the victim," OCSO officials said. "The victim was present in the court but declined to speak."

Livingston's charge stems from an incident on June 3 when investigators were called to a location near the EZ Shop on St. Matthews Road where witnesses said a 27-year-old man had been shot.

The witnesses told deputies they were at the convenience store when they noticed the victim laying on the ground nearby and asking for help.

"Assisting the victim from the ground, the witnesses drove the man to The Regional Medical Center to be treated for a single gunshot wound to the abdomen," officials said.

The man told investigators the incident happened at some apartments behind the convenience store.

Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly