Fire destroys mobile home on Montford Avenue

Fire destroys mobile home on Montford Avenue

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A propane grill is responsible for a house fire that left one family homeless in downtown Charleston.

The fire destroyed a mobile home on Montford Avenue and displaced at least three people who lived there.

Authorities say the fire call came in around 2:30 p.m. and the first crews were on the scene within four minutes.

After arriving on the scene, crews found fire and smoke coming from the mobile home.

Crews worked to control the fire and were able to keep it from spreading to nearby buildings.

The Charleston Fire Department would like to remind everyone to use caution with outdoor grills.

They say to move grills at least 10' away from combustible siding or construction and never leave them unattended.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved.