Report: Malfunctioning refrigerator cause of N. Charleston house fire

Report: Malfunctioning refrigerator cause of N. Charleston house fire

NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Authorities say a malfunctioning refrigerator was the cause of a fire in North Charleston that heavily damaged a home this past weekend.

NCFD says the fire happened at a single family home in the 2700 block of Busch Avenue just before 3 p.m. on Sunday.

According to NCFD officials, first arriving firefighters reported heavy smoke visible from the home.

"All occupants were able to escape the building before firefighters arrived on scene," NCFD officials said."One person was transported to MUSC for smoke related injury.  Firefighters quickly attacked the fire containing it to the kitchen and attic of the house."

Authorities said there was heavy damage to the residence.

There were no other reported injuries.

Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved.