NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - North Charleston firefighters are working to remove "a significant amount" of smoke from a hotel after a fire there.
Firefighters responded to reports of a structure fire at the Hyatt Place Hotel on Prospect Drive just before 4 p.m., according to NCFD spokesperson Bianca Bourbeau.
The building was evacuated as a precaution, she said.
First responders reported the fire was out upon their arrival, but there was a significant amount of smoke at the fifth floor stairwell with smoke throughout the fifth floor. Firefighters were working to remove the smoke.
There were no reported injuries.
The fire was caused by a light fixture malfunction, she said.