CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Here are the travel issues caused by Severe weather in the Lowcountry Friday.
ROAD CAUTIONS/CLOSURES IN CHARLESTON
- 520 Folly Road - northbound lanes one and two are closed
- Fort Johnson Road - Downed power line at 1414 Fort Johnson Rd. Traffic moving freely in the area.
- Fort Johnson Road at Picadily Drive one lane that is pasable.
- Savannah Highway closed near Dollar General in Ravenel for downed power lines
ROAD CAUTIONS/CLOSURES IN NORTH CHARLESTON
- All Clear.
ROAD CAUTIONS/CLOSURES IN DORCHESTER COUNTY
- Fallen oak tree removed from Central Avenue. All roads now open.
CARTA SERVICE UPDATES
- 10:27 a.m.: Route 213 has returned to normal service.
- 7:05 a.m.: Due to Hagood lot closure, Route 203 picking up at Harborview lot only, taking left onto Lockwood and continuing to hospital.
- 7:04 a.m.: Flooding at Carner Ave. and St. Francis Street in North Charleston forcing detours.
- 6:56 a.m.: Route 213 Lockwood/Calhoun DASH Shuttle DETOUR: Left off Courtenay Street onto Bee Street/Pick up just before the credit union/right onto Lockwood Ave./merge right onto Cannon Street and back onto route.
- 6:47 a.m.: Downed tree at George St. and Coming St. forcing detour.
- 6:38 a.m.: Route 213 will also be impacted by Hagood lot re-routing.
- 6:35 a.m.: Hagood lot blocked due to flooding. Route 203 to be impacted. Rerouting details coming.
- 6:11 a.m.: Currently detouring around Dorchester Rd. & Meeting St. … Meeting St. @ Spruill Street & Line Street is also closed.
AMTRAK is also making travel restrictions. It has delayed and canceled routes from the New York area to Florida.
This list will be updated as Live 5 News gets word of travel issues.