BERKELEY COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - Berkeley County officials say sandbags are available to residents to help prevent flooding from Tropical Storm Julia.
Sandbags are being distributed at the following locations:
- Berkeley County Rescue Squad, 202 Factory Street, Moncks Corner, SC
- C & B Fire Department, 509 Royle Road, Ladson, SC
- Caromi Fire Department, 554 College Park Road, Ladson, SC
- City of Hanahan, Yeamans Hall and Robinson, Hanahan, SC
- Cordesville Fire Department, 1931 Highway 402, Moncks Corner, SC
- Cross Fire Department, 1007 Short Cut Road, Cross, SC
- Forty-One Fire Department, 1192 Forty One Road, Bonneau, SC
- Whitesville Fire Department, 115 Sunview Avenue, Moncks Corner, SC
County leaders expect the upper end of the county to receive between one-and-a-half to three inches of rain, while the lower end of the county is forecasted to receive between three to six inches.
While isolated tornadoes are not expected for Berkeley County, wind impacts are expected along the immediate coastal areas.