Quantcast

Authorities: No bomb found after threat made to Boeing paint han - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Authorities: No bomb found after threat made to Boeing paint hangar

Workers waiting to return to work following a bomb threat at Boeing. (Source: WCSC) Workers waiting to return to work following a bomb threat at Boeing. (Source: WCSC)
NORTH CHARLESTON (WCSC) -

Boeing officials say no bomb was found after a threat was made to a paint hangar at the company's facility in North Charleston Thursday morning. 

According to officials, local authorities along with Boeing security thoroughly inspected the paint hangar which is under construction near the south side of the the Boeing site. 

A statement by the company states that Boeing and its contractor evacuated 300 contractors working on the facility following the bomb threat. 

"The building is now cleared for work to resume," Boeing officials said. "Ensuring the safety of all personnel is our top priority."

According to Boeing, a threat was made to the hangar which sits outside of the campus fence line adjacent to the south side of our North Charleston site.

Authorities said personnel had been evacuated and are safe. 

Copyright 2016 WCSC. All Rights Reserved. 

Powered by Frankly