A man was electrocuted Saturday morning, while working to change out a motel sign.
The incident occurred at approximately 8:40 a.m., according to Colleton County Fire-Rescue.
The Georgia man, 31-years-old, was successfully resuscitated following an electrocution in the 1000 block of Sniders Highway in front of a Ruby Tuesday restaurant.
The man was part of a crew changing out a large elevated motel sign, when witnesses stated the sign or the crane cable made contact with overhead power lines.
The man was guiding the sign and was immediately knocked to the ground unresponsive, according to Colleton County Fire-Rescue.
Bystanders advised the sound was like two tractor trailers colliding.
Firefighters and paramedics that were located a mile from the scene, arrived quickly, found the man in cardiac arrest. They then began CPR, according to reports.
The patient was immediately defibrillated with a return of spontaneous circulation.
A nurse who was at a nearby gas station also responded to assist.
The man was transported to Colleton Medical Center to be stabilized.
He was then flown by medical helicopter to the Trauma Center at Trident Medical in Summerville.
Later Saturday evening, the man was awake and transferred to a Burn Center to treat his other injuries.
Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved.
A rally was held in downtown Charleston Wednesday afternoon to remove the John C. Calhoun statue.
Wireless cell phone providers are busy preparing for Monday’s solar eclipse, some making network upgrades in South Carolina.
North Charleston Police are investigating a possible case of child abuse at a church daycare after a video surfaced on Facebook.
The City of Charleston has hired a construction company to being work to stabilize the Read Brothers buildings on King Street.
Illegally passing a school bus in South Carolina not only puts children's lives at risk but can also cost drivers huge fines.