CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Damage assessment has already started for many parts of the Lowcountry.
City officials are asking for the public's help in order to help speed up the process.
If residents have damage due to Hurricane Matthew, wind or flood damage, they are being asked to fill out a damage assessment form.
To report damage in the City of Charleston:
- Fill out a damage report online: http://arcg.is/2cZg2cI
- If you do not have internet service, you can call (843) 740-2569.
To report damage in the City of North Charleston:
- Fill out a damage report online: athttp://bit.ly/matthewdamage
- If you do not have internet service, you can call (843) 740-2533 or (843) 740-2562
To report damage in Berkeley County:
- Visit: https://www.facebook.com/BerkeleySCGovDamage/
- Residents can call (843) 719-4800
When residents call to report damage, they can leave a message with detailed information. When reporting the damage, be sure to leave your name, address, contact information, and a detailed description of the damage.
Once the damage is reported, city officials will respond with a visit for safety inspection.
More information for other counties will be updated as we receive them. Check back for details.