EDISTO BEACH, SC (WCSC) - Authorities are allowing some Edisto Beach residents to return home on Tuesday.
The Edisto Beach Police Department said residents in the following areas may return on Tuesday: Jungle Road, Lybrand Street, Scott Creek Road, Docksite Road, Yacht Club Road and Big Bay Road.
For residents returning, police have issued the following guidelines:
- You may only access your property and may not visit any other area or building.
- You will be issued a day pass at the checkpoint after you produce ID showing the address of your property. This may be a drivers license, utility bill or tax bill.
- You may have to wade through water so dress appropriately with boots, long pants, etc.
- No resources are currently available. Plan to bring any supplies you need. Water, food, etc. No water is available for cleaning.
- Any spoiled food must be bagged and placed in the garbage cart and rolled to the curb. Do not place in front of any object that would block the garbage contractor's equipment.
"The Town has been diligently working to clear streets and roads so that you can return to inspect your property. We have developed a day pass schedule to allow residents into the town to secure their property. Each day by noon we will announce the areas that have been cleared and schedule your day to enter the beach during the hours of 8 a.m and 3 p.m."