Crews extinguish house fire in downtown Charleston

Crews extinguish house fire in downtown Charleston

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Four people have been displaced after clothes and other objects on a baseboard-style heater caused a house fire in downtown Charleston Friday morning, authorities say.

Firefighters arrived at a home on South Street just before 5 a.m. to find visible smoke outside.

The fire was quickly contained to a second-floor bedroom.

Much of the home sustained fire damage.

ere no working smoke alarms were in the house, firefighters say.

Copyright 2016 WCSC. All Rights Reserved.