CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The American Red Cross is urging eligible blood donors to give blood in late December, a time when donations typically decline.
Upcoming blood donations are scheduled in Charleston and Dorchester Counties.
- Dec. 28: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., MUSC Horseshoe, 171 Ashley Ave.
- Dec. 28: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., St. Francis Hospital, 2095 Henry Tecklenburg Drive
- Dec. 29: 1 p.m. - 7 p.m., Omar Shrine Convention Center, 176 Patriots Point Street
- Dec. 29: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., Omar Shrine Convention Center, 176 Patriots Point Street
- Monday: 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., Bethany United Methodist Church, 118 West 3rd Street South
- Tuesday: 1 p.m. - 6 p.m., Summerville Medical Center, 295 Midland Parkway
- Dec. 29: 1 p.m. - 7 p.m., Summerville Baptist Church, 417 Central Ave
- Dec. 29: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m., Summerville Baptist Church, 417 Central Ave
To encourage donations, all those who come to donate through Jan. 8 will receive a long-sleeved Red Cross T-shirt, while supplies last.
To make an appointment to give blood, download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Donors are encouraged to make appointments and complete the RapidPass online health history questionnaire at redcrossblood.org/rapidpass to save time when donating.