COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - A family of six was displaced following a structure fire, according to the Colleton County Fire Rescue officials.
On Friday evening at approximately 10:20 p.m. officials responded to 7434 Ruffin Road.
The family told fire officials they smelled smoke earlier before discovering flames coming from the roof and front porch.
Colleton County Engine 18 arrived to find the single story wood frame structure well involved with flames coming from the roof, at the front and rear of the building and from several windows, they say.
All six occupants, two adults and four children, escaped without injury.
Two canines perished in the fire, according to fire officials.
Firefighters had the fire under control within 25 minutes, but were on scene performing overhaul for four hours.
The home suffered extensive damage and the family lost most belongings.
The fire appears to have started in electrical wiring in the area of the attic near the front porch.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.