Quantcast

Fire chief: Unattended cooking led to Goose Creek house fire - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Breaking

Fire chief: Unattended cooking led to Goose Creek house fire

Source: Live 5 Source: Live 5
GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC) -

Firefighters say unattended cooking led to a house fire in Goose Creek that sent one person to the hospital.

The fire was reported shortly after 7 p.m. at a home on Huntsman Drive. Witnesses reported heavy smoke coming from the home.

Goose Creek Fire Chief Steve Chapman said the fire started in the kitchen.

One resident was transported to the hospital with minor burns and smoke inhalation, Chapman said. The injuries were not life-threatening, he said.

Goose Creek and Pine Ridge Fire responded.

Copyright 2017 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly