Crews save dog in Lowcountry house fire

Picture provided
Picture provided
Picture provided
Picture provided
Picture provided
Picture provided
Picture provided
Picture provided

COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - Emergency crews saved a dog from a fire in Colleton County this past weekend.

Officials with Colleton County Fire and Rescue say the fire happened at a home on Inway Lane on Saturday morning.

When responders arrived they found the single story home on fire.

According to a report, all the residents were able to get out of the house but a dog was still in the home.

"Firefighters quickly searched the residence and found the canine, who was unresponsive," CCFR officials said. "Firefighter/Paramedics rescued and then resuscitated the canine who was responsive and ambulatory when units cleared the scene."

Authorities say the cause of the fire was accidental.

Copyright 2017 WCSC. All rights reserved.