CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - After a day of rain, more downtown Charleston roads have closed because of flooding in the area.
As of 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, Charleston spokesperson Cameron Wolfsen said the following roads are closed:
- Rutledge Avenue between Calhoun Street and Bennett Street
- Ogier Street at Vanderhorst Street
- Smith Street at Morris Street
- Vanderhorst Street between Smith Street and Rutledge Avenue
- Ashley Avenue Northbound of Fishburne Street
- Cherry Street at Bee Street
- President Street at the Crosstown Northbound to Line Street
- Hagood Avenue at Fishburne Street
- Ashley Avenue between Bennett Street and Halsey Street
- Washington Street between Laurens Street and Hasell Street
- Ashley Avenue between Tradd Street and Broad Street
Motorists are asked to use caution in the area. Under no circumstances should a motorist drive around or ignore a police barricade.