Quantcast

Johns Island porch fire caused by cigarette butts - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Johns Island porch fire caused by cigarette butts

(Source: Live 5) (Source: Live 5)
CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -

Firefighters put out a small fire on the porch of a Johns Island residence Tuesday morning. 

The St. Johns Fire Department was called to the 2900 block of Sugarberry Lane at 6:15 a.m., Charleston County dispatchers say. 

A Live 5 News crew on scene was told the fire was caused by cigarette butts tossed into a planter box. Minor damage can be seen on the deck. 

Copyright 2017 WCSC. All Rights Reserved.  

Powered by Frankly