Swig & Swine in West Ashley closed Tuesday after early morning fire

Source: Live 5
Source: Live 5
(source: Charleston Fire Department)
(source: Charleston Fire Department)

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A popular Charleston restaurant will be closed Tuesday following a fire that damaged the building.

The Charleston County Dispatch Center says they received a call at 3:30 Tuesday morning reporting a fire at Swig & Swine.

Swig & Swine in the 1200 block of Savannah Highway will be closed Tuesday, but no major damage to the building was reported.

The Charleston Fire Department says in a press release on Facebook they have determined the fire was primarily contained to a small building attached to the back of the restaurant. Investigators have determined the fire started near a smoker in the attached building.

Live 5 reporter Aaron Maybin witnessed firefighters using a ladder to get on the roof of the structure and taking water hoses to the back of the building with heavy smoke in the air.

This isn't the first time the barbecue restaurant has been plagued with flames. It had a small grease fire in Nov. 2016 which led to a temporary closure.

No injuries have been reported.

Copyright 2017 WCSC. All rights reserved.