BERKELEY COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - Investigators charged six people in connection with the death of a Summerville man.
The Berkeley County Sheriff's Office says the arrests are in connection with the death of 27-year-old Sebastian Lenz, who died of injuries Monday night.
A report states that on Saturday morning, deputies responded to the 3000 block Kinswood Lane in Ladson for a fall with injuries. When they arrived they saw an unconscious man on the ground and bleeding from his nose.
"The witnesses on-scene told the deputies that the subject had gotten out of a car and fell, striking his head on the sidewalk," BCSO officials said. "EMS responded and transported the victim to Trident Hospital."
The sheriff's office says after investigating the circumstances around the injury, detectives were able to determine that the injuries were not accidental and that the initial reports provided to the deputies were not factual but an attempt to hide the truth about how the person was injured.
Those charged are:
- Timothy Charles McKuhen, 33, of Goose Creek, was charged with Voluntary Manslaughter
- Andrew Echipare Alccantara, Jr., 21, of Bonneau, was charged with Accessory after the Fact of Voluntary Manslaughter
- John H. Hendrix, Jr., 33, of Ladson, was charged with Misprision of a Felony for neglect in reporting a crime.
- Deron Michael Fox, 25, of Summerville, was charged with Misprision of a Felony for neglect in reporting a crime.
- Brooke Ann Mitchum, 24, of Mount Pleasant, was charged with Misprision of a Felony for failure to report a crime
- Calvin Wade Rhoney III, 32, of Ladson was charged with Misprision of a Felony for failure to report a crime.
All suspects were arrested and transported to the Hill Finklea Detention Center pending a bond hearing.