CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A handful of roads remained closed Friday afternoon after Wednesday's wintry weather.
The South Carolina Department of Transportation and the Highway Patrol are continuing to monitor road conditions statewide. Motorists are urged to stay off the roadways unless it is absolutely necessary.
According to officials with the State Department of Public Safety, crews responded to more than 900 collisions and assisted more than 350 motorists in a matter of 24 hours in storm-affected areas around the state.
READ: SCDOT road closures
Charleston County deputies reported the following closure:
- Highway 17 N from Santee Road to the county line is closed because of icy conditions.
Mount Pleasant Police reported the following closure Friday:
- Mathis Ferry Road is closed between Anna Knapp and Shelmore because of ice.
Dorchester County officials reported the following on Sunday:
- Tonight’s crews will be working on the following routes: Dorchester Road, Jedburg Road, US 178, Wire Road, 1st Texas Road, 2nd Texas Road, Zion Road, Horseford Road, Parlor Drive, Wallace Ackerman Drive, Greenwave Blvd, Richardson Avenue and Campbell Thicket Road.
Goose Creek Police Department reported the following closures Sunday:
- Old Mt. Holly Rd. - CLOSED from Hwy. 52 to Old Moncks Corner Rd. Both directions.
- Westview Blvd. - CLOSED from Hwy 176 to Heritage Trust bank parking lot both directions.
- Centennial Blvd is CLOSED between the 2 entrances of Stonehurst in both directions - access Stonehurst via Lowndes Dr.
- Foster Creek is CLOSED.
Troopers warn motorists to not let themselves be deceived that a roadway is safe just because they don't see ice.