Emergency crews extinguish fire at Hanahan apartment complex

Emergency crews extinguish fire at Hanahan apartment complex
Fire in Hanahan. (Source: Live 5 News)
Fire in Hanahan. (Source: Live 5 News)
Fire in Hanahan. (Source: Live 5 News)
Fire in Hanahan. (Source: Live 5 News)

HANAHAN, SC (WCSC) - Emergency crews have extinguished a fire at an apartment complex in Hanahan Thursday night.

Officials with the City of Hanahan say at 5:55 p.m. the Hanahan Fire Department responded to an active fire on the 6000 block of Murray Drive at South Pointe Apartments.

"On scene, crews advised of heavy smoke coming from a second floor dwelling," officials said. "Crews were able to confine, contain and distinguish the fire."

According to authorities, the cause of the fire was a grease fire from a stove that was left unattended.

A report states two apartments received moderate damage while two units suffered light damage.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2018 WCSC. All rights reserved.