MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (WCSC) - Police officers responded to Wando High School after a student's phone charging case caught fire Thursday morning.
At 11: 15 a.m., MPPD officers responded to the school for a report of a student's cell phone battery on fire which authorities say was later found to be a portable cell phone charging case.
According to police, the fire was minor but due to the fumes from the device the affected classroom and adjacent classrooms were evacuated until the Mount Pleasant Fire Department arrived.
MPPD officials say there were no injuries caused by the fire.
"The Mount Pleasant Fire Department cleared the scene and students have returned to their classes," MPPD officials said.