CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC - The deadlines to register to vote in the June primary elections is getting closer.
Friday was the last day to register in person at the voter registration office. Sunday was the final day to register online while Monday is the last day to register by mail if it's postmarked on or before May 14.
Voters must register again if they have changed counties or moved since the last election.
To be eligible to register to vote in South Carolina, the person registering must meet the following requirements:
- be a United States citizen -be at least eighteen years old on or before the next election
- be a resident of South Carolina, this county and precinct
- not be under a court order declaring you mentally incompetent
- not be confined in any public prison resulting from a conviction of a crime
- have never been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws OR if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.