Fire chief: Possible propane leak started fire at Walterboro gas station

Emergency crews are responding to a fire at a Walterboro gas station Wednesday night. (Source: Tanya Banks)
Emergency crews are responding to a fire at a Walterboro gas station Wednesday night. (Source: Tanya Banks)
Emergency crews are responding to a fire at a Walterboro gas station Wednesday night. (Source: Tanya Banks)
Emergency crews are responding to a fire at a Walterboro gas station Wednesday night. (Source: Tanya Banks)
The vehicle that caught fire at the gas station (Source: Live 5)
The vehicle that caught fire at the gas station (Source: Live 5)

COLLETON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - A possible propane leak may have led to a fire at a Walterboro gas station late Wednesday night.

A trailer full of cooking equipment with three propane cylinders were inside a trailer just outside the gas station in the 2100 block of Bells Highway near a Walmart, according to Walterboro Fire Department chief Wayne Lake.

The owner went inside to pay when he heard a loud noise, only to go outside and see his trailer up in flames. There was also a debris area around the trailer, according to Lake.

Witnesses said there did not appear to be any injuries involved in the incident.

Copyright 2018 WCSC. All rights reserved.