OFFICIAL WCSC-TV GAS GIVEAWAY RULES
- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WCSC-TV 2126 Charlie Hall Boulevard Charleston, SC 29414 ("Sponsor"). The promotion begins at 4pm October 30, 2008 and ends at 4:30pm November 26, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WCSC-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- 3. How to Enter. Every weekday on Live 5 News First at Four, October 30 - November 26, 2008, WCSC will prompt viewers to call a specified contest hotline during the 4:00pm-4:30pm half hour. Callers are prohibited from using multiple phone lines or automated dialing equipment to participate. The fifth caller after the prompt each time period will win one (1) $100 gas gift card. Sponsor is not responsible for late, illegible, or misdirected entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with caller or Sponsor), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
- 4. Prizes. A total of twenty (20) prizes will be offered. Each prize is one (1) gift card for gas valued at $100.00. Gift card can be used only at participating Sunoco locations. Some restrictions on use of the gift card may apply, and winners should carefully review the terms and conditions of use written on or provided with the gift card. All charges, fees, and costs not specifically included in the applicable prize descriptions are the responsibility of the respective prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned.
- 5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Winners will be notified over the phone at the time they call in and are responsible for claiming the prize at the WCSC studios.
- 6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of callers.
- 7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility when retrieving the prize or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Friday, December 26, 2008, or the prize will be forfeited.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WCSC-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from WCSC-TV if WCSC-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WCSC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WCSC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WCSC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WCSC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).