Thomas Ravenel scheduled to have preliminary hearing in November for assault charge
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Thomas Ravenel is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing on Nov. 5 in Charleston for an assault charge.
The former "Southern Charm” star is accused of assaulting his children’s nanny at his home. A judge will decide if there’s enough probable cause to send the case to trial.
Ravenel was charged with second degree assault and battery.
An affidavit states the charge stems from an incident on Jan. 25, 2015, when Ravenel allegedly assaulted a woman who was working for him as a nanny.
The victim told investigators Ravenel got undressed and put the nanny’s hand on his private parts and then grabbed her private parts.
Court records state that the nanny bra’s underwire cut her skin and that she couldn’t breathe because her shirt wrapped around her neck.
The accuser, identified only as Dawn, appeared in Ravenel’s bond hearing last month, and said she believes the crime extended beyond assault and battery.
She said Ravenel’s kids and hers were “exposed to constant alcohol and drugs.”
Investigators say they have photographs taken of injuries to her neck and chest and say the photographs were “appropriately time-stamped."
They also corroborated the incident date and location through employment records of the victim and Ravenel, the affidavit states.
Bravo has said Ravenel will not return to “Southern Charm” as a cast member next season.
He had previously tweeted earlier this year that he was quitting the Bravo reality show. As of August, he was also under investigation for an alleged rape.
Ravenel was a former state treasurer elected in 2006, then resigned in 2007 when he pleaded guilty to a cocaine possession charge.
Copyright 2018 WCSC. All rights reserved.