CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Charleston Police say they are continuing to search for the people responsible for firing shots outside Citadel Mall on Saturday night.
Police increased their presence in the area following Saturday’s incident, police spokesman Charles Francis said.
Investigators say it began as an argument between two groups of people near the food court, then the groups ended up outside in the mall’s parking lot where shots were fired.
So far, police have not been able to find anyone who was actually hit by gunfire, Francis said. No vehicles or other property has been reported damaged to investigators, he said.
Police responded to the mall shortly after 7 p.m. where gunshots had been reported. The mall remained open for a short time, but shortly after 8 p.m., Citadel Mall officials closed the interior shops of the mall. Anchor stores Belk, Dillards and Target remained open, but internal doors that led to the mall remained locked.
Anyone with information can call Charleston County Consolidated Dispatch at 843-743-7200 for the on-duty Charleston Police Central detective.