NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. – The Citadel offense could not get the bats going and the pitching could not hold down No. 8 Georgia late as The Citadel fell, 9-0, Tuesday night at SRP Park.
Score: Georgia 9, The Citadel 0
Records: Georgia (34-12), The Citadel (10-33)
Location: North Augusta, South Carolina (SRP Park)
- The Citadel was able to manage base runners, but hit into three double plays.
How it Happened
- Georgia got on the board in the fourth inning after the first two batters reached on a base hit and a hit by pitch. After a sacrifice bunt, Tucker Maxwell delivered a sacrifice fly to center field.
- UGA added to its lead in the sixth when the first two hitters reached via base on balls. A throwing error on a sacrifice bunt loaded the bases for Riley King to deliver the second sacrifice fly to center.
- UGA broke the game open in the eighth inning as they plated seven runs, highlighted by a three-run homer from Cam Shepherd.
Inside the Box Score
- Freshman Jordan Flanders was impressive in his return to his hometown. The right hander allowed four hits and struck out three in 3.0 shutout innings of work.
- Left hander Ches Goodman did not allow a hit over 2.0 shutout innings of relief. He was able to work out of a bases loaded, no out jam by allowing just one run on a sacrifice fly.
- Alex Bialakis (0-5) suffered the loss after allowing one run on one hit and two walks over 1.2 innings.
- Logan Moody (1-0) earned the victory after allowing just one hit and striking out four over 5.0 shutout innings.
- The Citadel’s lone hit came in the third inning with a single to center by Dylan Spence.
- Tyler Corbitt made the defensive play of the game as he made a running catch on a liner behind second base and threw to first for the inning-ending double play.