WEST ASHLEY, SC (WCSC) - A Jehovah’s Witness knocking on the door of a West Ashley house called 911 after hearing smoke alarms and smelling smoke on Tuesday morning.
St. Andrews and Charleston Fire crews responded to a house fire on the 2100 block of St. Peters Lane at approximately 10:30 a.m.
Firefighters found smoke inside the house and extinguished a fire on a stove top, according to Fire Marshal Kevin Berkel
Officials say the family dog was taken from the backyard with no injuries.
The cause of the fire was determined to be combustibles left on the stove, officials said.