Authorities: West Ashley shed fire caused by extension cord overload

VIDEO: Authorities: West Ashley shed fire caused by extension cord overload

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Firefighters extinguished a shed fire near a house in West Ashley on Thursday morning.

The home was in the 1800 block of Belgrade Avenue between Wappoo Road and Sam Rittenburg Boulevard. Firefighters arrived just after 6 a.m. and extinguished the flames.

The shed was completely destroyed and extinguished in approximately 20 minutes.

The fire marshal determined that the fire was caused by a failure of an overloaded extension cords the were run to the shed from a house.

Nobody was injured or inside the shed when the fire started.

Copyright 2019 WCSC. All rights reserved.