Suspect in deadly N. Charleston shooting waives bond hearing

VIDEO: Police: Teen found dead on road in N. Charleston with gunshot wound

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - The man accused in the Monday morning shooting death of a 19-year-old man in North Charleston waived his right to a bond hearing Tuesday.

Juan Javier Reyes Perez, 40, faces charges of murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime, according to jail records. Reyes Perez waived his bond hearing, meaning he will remain behind bars.

The Charleston County Coroner’s Office say Cristian Ramirez died from a gunshot wound. Police responded at 12:42 a.m. Monday to the 7200 block of Stall Road where a bleeding man had been spotted.

Ramirez was found in the middle of the road and suffered at least one gunshot wound to the neck and was pronounced dead at the scene, an affidavit states. Witnesses told investigators the victim had been in an argument with family members of his ex-girlfriend prior to the shooting. Investigators said Reyes Perez was positively identified as the shooter and later confessed to shooting Ramirez after an argument.

Reyes Perez was being held at the Al Cannon Detention Center.

Copyright 2019 WCSC. All rights reserved.