The Heat Goes On!

Watching The Tropics

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - High pressure will control our weather as we head into the end of the week. A tropical wave is forecast to cross Florida and go into the Gulf of Mexico bringing increased moisture to the area this weekend which means a better chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms. Thursday and Friday look nice but muggy with sunshine and highs in the upper 80′s. Friday will have a 20% chance of a scattered shower or thunderstorm. Look for a better chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday at 30% and Sunday at 50%.

TROPICS

A tropical wave will head towards Florida and the Gulf of Mexico this weekend with a 60% chance for development. This wave may become a tropical depression or tropical storm this weekend. The track takes it into the Gulf of Mexico and possibly the Gulf coast. The would increase the moisture across the southeast and we will have a better chance of showers and thunderstorms on Sunday and Monday. The other two waves are weak and only have a 20% chance to develop. We will keep an eye on the tropics for you everyday.

THURSDAY: Mostly Sunny, HIGH: 89

FRIDAY: Partly Cloudy w/20% chance, HIGH: 88

SATURDAY: Mostly Cloudy w/30%, HIGH: 87

SUNDAY: Mostly Cloudy w/50%, HIGH: 86

MONDAY: Mostly Cloudy w/30% chance, HIGH: 89

Follow me on FACEBOOK: Bill Walsh-LIVE 5 NEWS and on TWITTER/INSTAGRAM: @billwalshtv

Have a great Thursday!

Bill Walsh, Chief Meteorologist

Copyright 2019 WCSC. All rights reserved.