MT. PLEASANT, S.C. --- Harrison Hawkins and Donald Hansis each drove in two and CJ Czerwinski fanned four over four and one-third innings to help College of Charleston complete a weekend sweep of Youngstown State with a 7-3 win on Sunday afternoon at Patriots Point.
Final Score: College of Charleston 7, Youngstown State 3
Location: Mount Pleasant, S.C.
Records: Charleston (5-1), Youngstown State (2-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Hansis launched his second two-run homer in as many days to start the scoring as the Cougars pushed across seven runs in a three-inning span. Czerwinski fanned four in four and one-third and Zach Williams and Trey Pooser combined for three and two-thirds scoreless out of the bullpen.
Luke Stageberg pushed his season-opening hit streak to six games with a 2-for-4 day and collected his fifth RBI of the campaign with a sac fly in the fourth.
· Hawkins drove in two with a two-run single in the fourth to cap the Cougars’ scoring and extend his hitting streak to seven games dating back to last season.
· Sechopoulos went 2-for-4 with his 11th RBI of the season on a single in the third.
· Ben Wetenhall pinch ran in the third, stayed in the game at short and went 1-for-3 with two runs scored.
· Williams continued his strong start to the season with two and two-thirds shutout innings out of the ‘pen.
· Pooser tossed a scoreless eighth and fanned one in his collegiate debut.