Charleston County completes 2,000 COVID-19 screenings, More clinics continue next week
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Charleston County officials say they have reached a milestone in their COVID-19 mobile testing initiative.
Since May 4, Charleston County Government and Fetter Health Care Network have completed 2,000 tests at their mobile drive-thru and walk-up screening and testing sites throughout the county.
Next week will be the final week of mobile testing and staff is urging citizens to utilize the pre-screening process to expedite the testing.
People experiencing cough, fever and shortness of breath can request a screening at FetterCovid19Screening.org or by calling 1-800-365-7410 to connect with a Fetter provider who will determine the need for testing.
The remaining testing sites scheduled for Charleston County will operate from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Monday: Arabian Temple, 4132 Rivers Ave., North Charleston
- Tuesday: Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, 7396 Rivers Ave., North Charleston
- Wednesday: St. Matthews Baptist Church, 2005 Reynolds Ave., North Charleston
- Thursday: Lovely Mountain Baptist Church, 6798 Ward Ave., North Charleston
- May 22: Goodwill AME Church, 2818 N. Hwy. 17, Mount Pleasant
Citizens are asked to wear face coverings and practice safe social distancing while at the mobile testing site.
Mobile testing sites in Berkeley and Dorchester Counties were also announced earlier on Friday.
Currently, all insurance providers in South Carolina are covering the cost of COVID-19 testing. Patient insurance information will be processed in order to complete testing. No co-pays or deductibles are being charged. All patients will be served regardless of their ability to pay.
Copyright 2020 WCSC. All rights reserved.