CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - The Colleton County school board has approved expanding in-person learning for Colleton County School District students.
The board voted 6-1 on Tuesday to expand in-person instruction to four days starting on Feb. 4. All students will continue to learn virtually until Feb. 4, the district said.
“Information on changes to bus routes and meal delivery schedules will be released as soon as possible on the CCSD website (colleton.k12.sc.us), and through mass emails and phone dialers,” CCSD officials said. “All CCSD teachers and support staff will continue to report to their regular work locations during the virtual learning period.”
The district released the following additional information.
Keeping our staff and students during the COVID-19 pandemic remains CCSD’s first priority. In order to keep our school facilities safe as we expand in-person learning, CCSD will utilize the following practices:
- Six-thousand plexiglass desk partitions, which were delivered to Colleton County schools on October 20, will be placed in all of our school facilities.
- Schools and buses will be cleaned daily, and comprehensively disinfected every Wednesday.
- Anyone visiting district property will be required to wear a mask, and all students and staff will be expected to wear a mask throughout the instructional day.
- Social distancing will be enforced on district properties at all times.
- All schools will follow our COVID-19 Case Protocols.