DORCHESTER COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - Dorchester County officials are warning drivers about flooding in the area prompted by periods of heavy rain.
Officials said the Rosinville Convenience Site was temporarily closed Thursday afternoon because of flooding. The county posted a photo on its Twitter accound showing ponding at the site.
Earlier in the day, officials warned some roads were flooded as well.
The county said the following roads were affected:
- Cross Creek Road at Maple Branch Road - Impassable
- The bridge on Taylor Pond Road between East Main Street and I-26 overpass - Closed because of flooding
- Jedburg Road from Dawson Branch Road to Hwy. 78 - Standing Water
- Wire Road - Standing water in several locations
- Quaker Road in St. George - Impassable
- Old Bell Road betwen Wire Road and Clarks Hill Road - Impassable
- Winningham Road and Highway 78 - One lane blocked
- 1st Texas Road between street addresses 159-184 - One lane closed
- Quail Run Road - Standing water
- Clarks Hill Drive - Standing water
- Carter Road at Mill Street in Ridgeville - Impassable
- Creighton Street between S. Railroad Street and Hill Street - Closed
The county says any downed trees or flooded roadways should be reported to the Consolidated Dispatch Center at 843-873-5111.