CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Citadel baseball team dropped a 12-1 decision to North Carolina A&T in the rubber game of the series Sunday afternoon inside Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Score: North Carolina A&T 12, The Citadel 1
Records: North Carolina A&T (4-7), The Citadel (4-6)
Location: Charleston, South Carolina (Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park)
Series: The Citadel leads 6-2
How it Happened
· The Aggies got on the scoreboard in the second inning on a three-run homer from Connor Knapp.
· NCAT added a run in the third on a sacrifice fly off the bat of Justin Williams.
· The Aggies really broke the game open in the seventh inning with help from the long ball. Trevor Sheehan delivered at here-run double off the wall and Justin Williams hit a three-run homer as part of the seven run inning.
· The Bulldogs got their lone run of the day in the eighth inning. Ben Hutchins started the frame with a pinch-hit walk. After going to second on John Lanier’s single into right field, Brooks O’Brien singled through the left side to score Hutchins.
Inside the Box Score
· Brooks O’Brien led the Bulldog offense by going 2-for-3 with a RBI out of the nine spot.
· John Lanier delivered a pinch-hit single to right in his first at-bat.
· Lathan Todd (0-2) took the loss after allowing four runs on five hits over 6.0 innings.
· Cole Parks (2-0) picked up the victory after surrendering just one run on seven hits and seven strikeouts over 8.0 innings.