CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Citadel dropped its Southern Conference opening-series finale, 6-0, to Wofford Saturday afternoon inside Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Score: Wofford 6, The Citadel 0
Records: Wofford (12-7, 2-1), The Citadel (8-9, 1-2)
Location: Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park (Charleston, S.C.)
Series: Wofford wins 2-1
How it Happened
- The Terriers got on the board in the third inning with an unearned run after a failed pickoff attempt advanced a runner to scoring position for a Lawson Hill RBI single.
- Wofford added to its lead in the fourth with a solo home run from Colin Davis.
- Davis came calling again in the sixth with his second home run of the game, this time a two-run shot.
- The Terriers added two more runs in the eighth on a sacrifice fly and a fielder’s choice.
Inside the Box Score
- The Bulldogs offense was kept at bay all day as they only managed three hits.
- Two of the three Bulldog hits went for extra bases and Jeffery Brown and Ryan McCarthy eached collected doubles.
- Lathan Todd (1-3) suffered the loss after he gave up four runs, three earned, on four hits and eight strikeouts over 6.0 innings.
- Gant Starling pitched the final two innings, not allowing a hit and striking out one.
- Elliot Carney (2-2) earned the victory after surrendering only two hits and striking out eight over 7.0 shutout innings.